Bendigo Golf Club
(updated Thursday 23 September 2021)
The Victorian Government has declared that Lockdown restrictions for Regional Victoria are eased from Friday, 10th September 2021
This means the following for our club:
- Bendigo Golf Club is open for social play only (no competition golf may be played) to our members, members' guests and visitors / green fee players who reside in Regional Victoria and not in any of the following: Metropolitan Melbourne, City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire and Mitchell Shire.
- All persons attending the club must scan the Vic Gov QR code for BGC or complete details at the pro shop.
- NEW: There is a separate QR code for the cart area.
All persons entering the cart shed must scan the QR code in addition to the QR code at the pro shop.
- It is a government requirement that member’s guests must have their residential address verified in the pro shop before playing.
- Some COVID-19 restrictions still apply:
- Face masks must be worn indoors and outdoors at all times (including during golf) unless there is a medical reason or while eating/drinking.
- Don't forget social distancing (1.5m minimum).
- Flagsticks may be removed or left in when putting.
- MiScore is available and recommended if you have a smartphone.
- There are preferred lies in the bunkers (one club length) if there are no rakes.
- No ball washers and no drink taps are in use.
- No competition golf may be played
- The upstairs bar remains closed until further notice.
- Drinks and snacks are available at the pro shop and from the drinks carts on the course.
- Timesheets are open. Bookings may be made eight days ahead at 6pm.
- Golf lessons are available for bookings again.
- All practice facilities are open. QR code check-in at the pro shop is required however for the use of the putting/chipping greens and the nets.
- NEW: There is a separate QR code displayed at the driving range.
All persons using the driving range must scan the QR code in addition to the QR code at the pro shop.
- Motorised carts may be used by any 2 people.
- Driving range will be open to a maximum 10 members at any given time.
- 'No jab, no play' policy review.
The ’no jab, no play’ policy that is in place at some Melbourne golf clubs was discussed at the Board Meeting on Tue 21st September. At this point in time the Board agreed to not introduce a 'no jab, no play' policy. All golfers are encouraged to be double vaccinated unless they have a signed medical exemption and, of course, masks must be worn at all times unless eating or drinking as per current Victorian Government directive. The club does not store vaccination details of members and visitors to Bendigo Golf Club.
- The Club will continue to implement all restrictions imposed by the Victorian Chief Health Officer and government authorities.
- Please stay safe!
The Bendigo Golf Club was established in 1901 and is situated just 10 minutes north of the Bendigo CBD.
The course offers:
- a blue 6,040 metre layout
- men - slope rating 128, par 72
- women - slope rating of 136, par 74
- a white 5,824 metre layout
- men - slope rating 126, par 72
- women - slope rating of 133, par 74
- and a red 5,353 metre layout
- men - slope rating 122, par 71
- women - slope rating of 127, par 73
which provides an enjoyable challenge for all levels of golfers.